Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review


Everything started in Europe.
Aubrey Beardley was the bad boy of art with his asian block printing and abstraction.
The Arts and Crafts movement took a while to catch on the US.
Art Nouveau was about tendrills and flat color planes that weren't flat...yes it does make sense.
Peter Behrens was offical Sanserif god.
Nazis still suck and don't understand different artistic views.
Bauhaus started in Weimar which sounds like a cool place to be at the time. Moved to Dessau which also seems fun. Then ended up in Berlin where the Nazis crashed the fun.

And some other stuff where my notes are not making much sense at the moment.

Thoughts

Not a lot of info has been sticking in my brain. I think I need to empty the cache, somehow.

Q's

I had a question but I forgot it, come back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment